Sunday, November 2, 2008

Loitering

















loi·ter
(loi'tər)

intr.v. loi·tered, loi·ter·ing, loi·ters

  1. To stand idly about; linger aimlessly.
  2. To proceed slowly or with many stops: loitered all the way home.
  3. To delay or dawdle: loiter over a task.
I guess I loiter a lot.
And in some places, it is against the law!

Saw a person in the distance
lying on the ground beside a
bicycle, not moving.
The bicycle was lying there
by a tree with the front wheel
at an angle that it might be if
it crashed headlong into the tree.
In my mind suddenly came the
thought that the person just
collapsed there. That their body
just gave up while riding.
The scene was at a distance
and I didn't go closer, but walked
around so that I could see it at
more angles and get a feel for what
really had happened.
After a while I decided that it was
just someone who stopped for a rest.


No comments: