Thursday, July 10, 2008

Newspapers

Everywhere I see
sad lamentations
on the demise of
newspapers.

And all I'm thinking
is, "Good riddance!"

I would get a paper
every day and read
less than 10% of it.

Soon I stopped getting
it every day and just got
the Sunday edition, but
the same story, I'd only
read a small fraction of it.

I'd get my hands, and
sometimes my clothes
blackened from the
newsprint.

The news was already
old by the time I got
the paper and it wasn't
worth reading anyway.

The only sad thing about
it is that people have to
lose their jobs.

Why should I buy a bulky,
dirty newspaper just to
extract the little bit
of information that is of
interest to me (if it's there
at all) when I can simply
search the internet and get
exactly what I want, when I
want it?

Didn't TV kill radio serials?
Do you miss them?
Didn't hurt much when that
happened, did it?
Change is good.

No comments: