
I thought they looked like
the pictures I saw of
blood corpuscles
in a grade school
biology book
imagine floating in the flow
of a giant's vein.
Then, on my drive through darkness
where I do a lot of thinking,
I thought:
No, it wasn't in a biology book.
It was in a Disney science cartoon.
And I wondered how much of the
things I think I know come from those
cartoons. And how much of that
knowledge just isn't true?
I thought of the staged
lemming suicide in a Disney nature film.
I heard,"Hey man!" shouted behind me.
I was the only person there
so I thought he was calling me.
It was a man on his cellphone
talking to someone else.
Sometimes it's someone with
that Bluetooth thing in their
ear. They seem to be talking at me
or at no one.
So I just ignore people when
they talk at me.

No comments:
Post a Comment